We’re all living crazy, busy, full lives. It’s all too easy to find yourself feeling overwhelmed, stressed out and tired. Unfortunately, I don’t think enough of us take the time to love on ourselves so we have the energy to keep up with the fast pace of our lives. Before long you find yourself, tired, beat down and simply losing your joy for life. You end up walking around like a zombie, just going through the motions.
Self care is about doing things that recharge you. Making it a priority to seek out activities that add to your life when it seems like everything around you is just take, take, taking.
So here’s my quick list of things I do to love on myself DAILY. Hopefully, you feel inspired to adopt a couple of mine or even better explore a few self care tips of your own!
- Quiet Time! No matter what is going on I try to give myself AT LEAST ten minutes, in the middle of my day, where I sit alone, quietly and do nothing. Legit NOTHING. I let my brain decompress. If that seems like a long time maybe just start with 2 minutes and work your way up.
- Eat my fruits and veggies. If my body’s well supported with yummy nutrients I know it can handle whatever stress comes it’s way. Stress is a leading cause of so many of today’s chronic diseases.
- Gratitude Practice! At the end of my day, I write down at least 5 random things that happened that day that I’m grateful for. This helps me keep a positive perspective. Life can get so hectic that we ignore the simple things that make life beautiful. Find the magic in each day.
- Regular bedtime. Getting enough sleep each night is crucial for brain power, processing and retaining memories, keeping our moods in check (I’m a beast if I don’t get enough sleep), and strengthening our immune systems. I know I’m naturally an early riser so I aim for a 10pm bedtime every night.
- Spending time with positive people. Energy is transferable! I want to spend my time with positive, upbeat people. Debbie downers, Miserable Melissas go that- a -way!
Make it a priority to spend more time adopting epic self care habits. Maybe try out some of the tips I’ve mentioned or have some fun coming up with some of your own. Let me know how it goes for you.