We live in a culture where it’s so easy for your days to pass you by in a blur! Saying how busy you are has become a badge of honor, a status symbol! You know what accompanies this “busy-ness”… higher and higher rates of stress among women. You know the number one cause of chronic diseases?
So let’s keep it extra funky and get clear about the impact chronic stress has on the body over time.
- Weakens the immune system resulting in MORE COLDS, increased risk of diseases and infections
- Weakens the Central Nervous System… irritability, anxiety, depression and insomnia soon come
- Higher risk of heart attack and stroke (a new study has shown the strokes are on the rise amongst millennials)
- Increased risk of developing type 2 Diabetes
- More likely to experience heartburn or acid reflux
- Impacts how food moves through your digestive system, diarrhea or constipation
- Irregular or NO menstruation
- High levels of the stress hormone cortisol results in BELLY FAT
Clearly tackling your stress will result in a clearer mind but your body serves to benefit just as much.